Korean War Memorial Museum

Follow my blog with Bloglovin June 25th marks the 64th anniversary of the start of the Korean war . So I decided to share my recent...

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

June 25th marks the 64th anniversary of the start of the Korean war. So I decided to share my recent visit to the museum. 

The Korean War memorial museum was built for the purpose of educating future generations. They collect, preserve and exhibit historical relics and records from many wars fought in South Korea's history.(1
The museum has more than 13000 items on display which makes it a bit hard to take pictures of all of them. So I decided only to take and show a few. 

South Africa was also part of the United Nations Coalition soldiers that fought during the war and you could see the memorial plaque of the fallen soldiers that are remembered and thanked for their help and service during the war. I thought this was quite nice and I felt quite proud that my country was able to help another country in a time of war. 

I especially enjoyed the outdoors display with all the weapons, plains, vehicles and even a boat. You can climb in and on most of them, which makes it a really nice trip for kids.





Korean War Memorial Museum
flags
UN Forces Memorial





You Might Also Like

0 comments

Instagram photos