The heART of Seoul Streets

The future is yours to create street art, using Seoul City as a canvas. Well at least that's what I can gather from the video fro...


The future is yours to create street art, using Seoul City as a canvas. Well at least that's what I can gather from the video from "Absolut city Canvas".


In the video, 40 Artists took 18 days to transform 5 streets. Hongik University, Mullae-dong, Itaewon, Gahoe-dong and Seongsu-dong.

I was inspired by this video and wanted to and have a look at it. I started my day out to go and find the street at Hongik University, but somehow couldn't find the street art from this video. I guess I missed it somehow, so I moved on to Mullae-dong.

Mullae-dong is a very industrial old part of of Seoul, that attracted artists from all around. People wanted to transform this neglected old part of Seoul into a creative art "factory", by regenerating the old empty spaces into their studios. An area in Mullae is often described as the art village.

I do think this is a great idea, but after walking around the area trying to find murals, I noticed that a lot more needs to be done to resurrect that particular area. The street art is a great start, but still too small to make a big difference.

If you want to read more about Mullae Art Village, read this article

What do you think? What more would you like to see about Seoul?

DSC_7881

MUNLE_STREET_ART_6

DSC_7883

DSC_7885

DSC_7887

DSC_7890

DSC_7892

Munle_Street_art_7

DSC_7903

DSC_7904
\
Munle_StreetArt

If you would like to find Mullae-dong area. You can go to Mullae station on line 2, exit 7. 




You Might Also Like

0 comments

Instagram photos