Temple Food

A few weekends ago, I attended a lantern festival in Seoul. We were part of an event where we could make some lanterns and also expe...


experience it

A few weekends ago, I attended a lantern festival in Seoul. We were part of an event where we could make some lanterns and also experience some temple food.

It was wrapped in a nice white linen cloth, complete with chopsticks, serviettes and water. We immediately untied the knot and opened the bundle to find out what was waiting for us.

Once opened, you could see the leave bundle on the left and all kinds of vegetables and roots on the right.
The vegetables like broccoli, pumpkin and tomato were on a stick.
There was a piece of Zucchini (Hobak Jeon), some lotus roots, a dough like rice cake (녹두찰편, steamed tteok, a rice cake made with mung beans) and something unknown as well .
Inside the leave you could find some sticky rice with chestnuts and black beans.

The food was nice, but of course being a Buddhist dish, it was a bit on the bland side for my taste. it was amazing to get to experience the food as part of my day at the festival. It added to the entire cultural event and I was really happy to experience this.



Experience It


Share my post by clicking on the buttons below. Help me share the experience with you.


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Instagram photos