Paul's Coffee Shop

Recently a new coffee shop has opened near my apartment. Being a lover of coffee and a very curious person, it didn't take me long to ...

Recently a new coffee shop has opened near my apartment. Being a lover of coffee and a very curious person, it didn't take me long to go and have a look. 
The coffee shop looked so inviting with the little porch with tables and chairs in the front. I could smell the freshly ground coffee from the moment I walked in and noticed the roastery right next to the entrance. I loved the shiny floor and the copper pipes used at the hand drip station. The owner of the place explained to me that he had braced it himself. It looked quite professional and really gave a unique feel to the coffee shop. The different chairs and tables also added the uniqueness of "Paul". Then last but not the least is the beautiful handmade cups and plates with the signature "Paul" on each one. 

I also noticed the boxes of fresh imported coffee beans that are roasted right there. The beans are imported from many different countries including Colombia, Brazil, Costa Rica, Indonesia, Ethiopia, Guatemala and Kenya. 

The coffee shop specializes in hand drip coffee (as seen in the pictures below) and I decided to start at the top of the list and work my way down. 

The first cup I had was the "Colombia Supreme"(1st on the menu), which was a very strong drip and a little too acidic for my taste. I quite enjoyed the "Brazil Santos"(2nd on the menu), just a perfect strength of coffee aroma and not too acidic. Unfortunately they didn't have the "Costa Rica" beans on my 3rd visit and I skipped to "Indonesia Mandheling", which was a great tasting coffee as well. 

Of course I didn't drink all in one day. It was three separate visits and on my 3rd visit I took these photos and decided to blog about this great coffee shop. 

In Korea, non-franchise coffee shops are quite fleeting and is short lived. I do hope that this one stays for a long time to come. 

When you pass by "Paul" in Hwajeong(화정), be sure to give it a try. 

Click on the photos to open the gallery

Paul's coffee shop













         





 I hope you enjoyed my post. Please share with your friends and enjoy a great cup of coffee.


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Instagram photos