Travel Destinations That Inspired Happiness

Today I feel truly happy inside and out. It's raining softly outside and I can't help but smile and think about enjoying an ...



Today I feel truly happy inside and out. It's raining softly outside and I can't help but smile and think about enjoying an evening at home just enjoying the moment. I look at my life and I'm overwhelmed by how much my happiness is not depending on any one thing or anyone. I suppose it could be all the things, the good and the bad, that has lead up to today. I set out to find some sense of it 3 years ago and I think that I've achieved or found or realized it, in some small way. It's something to strive for everyday. Find the small things that make you smile and appreciate where you are at that moment.

Adding to that happiness is the moment that you create your travel destination map and you realize that you've been to some awesome places. This only leads to another realization, that you want to travel far more regularly than you could afford to. My map looks so empty, but seeing just these few countries has changed me forever. I can't imagine how I would be changed the moment I discover the rest of the world.

Nico’s Travel Map
I've traveled to: Belgium, Botswana, France, Germany, Hong Kong, Japan, Netherlands, South Africa, South Korea, Thailand. You can create your own travel map at Matador Network. If you want to know where I'm off to next, click on my page "Destinations". I've also included some places on my bucket list of travels.

I remember the first time I saw the Eiffel Tower in Paris. The awe of seeing this massive tower in the middle of a city, that has become synonymous with love and romance. Most people don't like the tower, but I didn't have a good day until the moment that I saw the tower. So the tower inspired some happiness in that moment.


I'll never forget the vibrant city of Bangkok and the amazingly built temples. The city is so full of temples that they're kinda hard to miss. But all of them offer a uniqueness, like the reclining Buddha, the emerald Buddha and the beautiful palace. 


Then there is the amazing Amsterdam. Windmills are synonymous with The Netherlands and ever since I could remember I was intrigued by it. I guess it's because of my ancestry that leads all the way back to the Dutch and Germans. Amsterdam made me fall in love with the it, even when it was freezing cold. I'm dying to return and experience it in a different season.



These are just a few of the places that I've been. It's made me feel a lot of different emotions, from anger, frustration and impatience to love, awe and amazement.

What has made you happy recently? Was it the delicious coffee you had this morning? Or the moment you woke up next to someone you love? Or like me, simply the weather? Tell me about it. I'd love to hear your thoughts. 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Instagram photos