Roadtrip to Sokcho

It was my first long weekend away, in a long time, in South Korea. We decided to visit Sokcho area and Seorak Mountain (설악산) . The trip...


It was my first long weekend away, in a long time, in South Korea. We decided to visit Sokcho area and Seorak Mountain (설악산). The trip really amazed me and I couldn't put my camera down while my friend was driving. Just because I was afraid that I would miss one good shot of the beautiful countryside and surrounding mountains. There were so many nice countryside houses, fields, wind farms and tunnels. For some reason, I just love tunnels, don't ask me why.

Four of us, stayed and shared a room at a condominium. The view behind the our condo, was really picturesque, looking over another condo and a golf resort. From there you could also see the famous "Ulsan Rock" of Seorak Mountain (설악산).  Every morning when I woke up, I took my chair and sat on the balcony, just looking and taking in the beautiful view.

This area reminded me so much of a part in South Africa, The Drakensberg mountains. Although it had different vegetation, but as whole, It made me feel like I was back home for a bit and I could relax and let go of any and all of my problems.

This was my first time to see this part of Korea and I was really surprised.

I took quite a lot of photos and thus decided to divide it into separate posts. Keep watching this space for more great photos of this beautiful South Korean Treasure.


설악산

설악산


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Instagram photos